Job Posting OPEN
Avarint is a wholly owned subsidiary of CUBRC Inc.
Avarint’s Chemical Sciences Group is seeking an Associate Chemist based
in Charlottesville, VA. Travel outside
of the continental U.S. (OCONUS) will be required. Primary duties will include:
· Performing work in both CONUS and OCONUS laboratories.
· Developing and improving analytical methods for the measurement of
a broad spectrum of chemicals in various matrices using GC-MS, LC-MS/MS and
· Providing technical expertise and support to the development of
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
and continuously improving the QA/QC program to ensure that all reported data
is accurate, complete, reliable and of high-confidence.
· Formalizing and executing a preventive maintenance program for analytical
instrumentation and performing general maintenance and repair on instruments as
needed (such as GC-MS, LC-MS/MS, FTIR, XRD, SEM and ICP-MS).
sample analysis using various instrumentation and comparing data to libraries
of known results for the specific instrument and analyte being tested.
· Taking photographs of samples, sample matrices, items being
analyzed and/or other exhibits to support the analysis, conclusions and
reporting of results; and documenting test results and conclusions in the
required Laboratory Information System(s) and databases.
· Developing analysis reports that include methods, procedures and
analytical data including interpretation of results and annotating the file
documentation; and performing technical and/or administrative reviews of files,
reports, data sets, results and conclusions.
· Ensuring proper chain-of-custody procedures are followed for all
items and samples.
· Maintaining a safe and laboratory work environment in accordance
with all documented laboratory procedures.
The position also requires that the selected candidate
· Strong hands-on laboratory skills with respect to GC-MS and/or
LC-MS/MS instrument operation and sample analysis.
· Excellent organizational skills and communication skills (oral and
written) and the ability to appropriately communicate with colleagues,
management and clients to plan and execute duties.
· Deep attention to detail and the flexibility and ability to work both
independently and as part of a team.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS
BS in Chemistry,
Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related discipline; or 5 years of direct professional experience in laboratory analysis.
Microsoft Office software including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
proficiency with GC-MS and/or LC-MS/MS.
· Ability to maintain a DoD Secret security clearance and pass
a CI polygraph.
· U.S. citizenship and eligible for
a U.S. Passport.
A medical examination will be required to
ensure ability to perform duties and wear personal protective equipment.
FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS ARE DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
An active DoD security clearance (S, TS w/
SCI eligibility; or TS/SCI).
Previous experience working in
the Intelligence Community (IC) environment.
Experience with Microsoft Office
software including Access, Project and Outlook.
Deployed experience in analytical/operational
Experience in contract research,
working for the federal government and/or private organizations.